Advanced Product Management: Vision, Strategy & Metrics
Learn the skills Product Managers use every day. Vision, strategy, & advanced metrics for Product Managers
In this truly modern course, you'll learn all of the advanced skills and techniques that successful product managers use in their day-to-day working lives. From how to implement vision and strategy to getting a better understanding of how to use data, these lectures are designed for for founders, CEOs and, of course, product managers. With real world examples demonstrating exactly how to execute each approach, you'll find out exactly what to do (and what not to do) to build your company up to the level it deserves.
You already know the basics of being a product manager and securing that all-important job. But ensuring the success of your products is an entirely different ball game. You need to know the framework that transforms any product from zero to hero and the metrics measuring techniques that will allow you to figure out a product's successes and pitfalls. After all, there's nothing that can't be improved.
The first section of this course will take you through two hugely important elements of product management: vision and strategy. Whether you're a founder of a company or the product manager at said company, we'll teach you the difference between the two and how to implement them into the development of your products. The second section goes into a lot more detail on metrics. We'll take you through how to figure out what data to measure and how to fully understand the data that you track. There's also a deep dive into three different industries to demonstrate how metrics can change depending on the product that you're working on.
At the end of it all, you'll have the tools needed to make better, and more profitable, decisions in your product manager role.
Cole Mercer has been a Senior Product Manager at Soundcloud, Bonobos, Mass Relevance, and has taught the Product Management course at General Assembly in Manhattan, NYC. He is now a full-time Product Management and Strategy consultant.
Evan Kimbrell is a top rated Udemy instructor with 19 courses on everything Entrepreneurship. His courses have over 300,000 students and over 16,000 five star reviews. For the past few years, he has also been running a digital agency that has produced over 100 web and mobile products.
What you’ll learn
- What vision and strategy actually mean.
- The importance of vision and strategy in product management.
- What makes a great visionary and how to set a clear vision.
- How the product development hierarchy works.
- The most common types of strategy.
- How to set out an effective roadmap.
- How to use a more modern and agile form of roadmapping.
- What metrics actually are.
- The types of metrics you should be monitoring and optimizing.
- The various metrics that relate to e-commerce, mobile and marketplace products.
- How leading and lagging metrics tie into product management.
- How to analyze metrics using cohorts.
- Gain an understanding of origin source sorting and how this can skew product metrics.
- When to use data versus when to use your intuition.
- Real world examples demonstrating all of the above.
Are there any course requirements or prerequisites?
- As this is an advanced course, a basic understanding of Product Management would be beneficial.
Who this course is for
- Anyone looking to learn advanced Product Management techniques.
- Product Managers and CEOs who want to gain more effective decision-making skills.
- Product Management Foundations of Vision and Strategy
- Vision Case Study
- Advanced Metrics for Product Managers
- Metrics by industry
- Interviews with Product Managers
- Bonus Section